Experience California's newest and most complete road racing facility. Join the enthusiastic users who have already discovered the unique offering of Buttonwillow Raceway Park. Indy cars, sports cars, motorcycles, go-karts, publishers and commercial production companies have all praised the features of this new racing facility. The location, variety and safety have made Buttonwillow Raceway Park the preferred racing and testing facility in California.
334 Acre Site Includes:
- 31 space RV hook-ups with water and electricity
- Grassy picnic and play areas for families and spectators
- Minimal commercial signage creating ideal photographic background
- Direct I-5 Freeway access
- 126 miles north of downtown Los Angeles
- 196 miles south of San Jose
- 28 miles northwest of Bakersfield
- 1/2 miles west of I-5 on Lerdo Highway
- 60 miles from Paso Robles "Wine Country" and gateway to central coast recreation
- Three separate tracks
- Combined track configuration of three miles
- Separate west track of 1.86 miles
- Separate east track of 1.06 miles
- All tracks can be run in both directions
- 36' track width, 40' on front straight
- Exceptional safety with minimal walls and hazards
- Moderate climate allows year round use
- Main straight 3,800 feet in length - usable as a test drag strip
- Various turn bankings up to 10%, negative camber turns, crowned turns similar to street courses and fast elevation changes.
- Skid pad 300' x 305'
- Multiple (more than 30) race and test configurations, purpose designed to emulate street and road racing courses
- A full spectrum of safety equipment on site or available by advance arrangement
- Paved and landscaped paddock, accommodates 700 race cars on pavement
- Race fuel on site
- Concessions and souvenirs available
Lodging and Food near Buttonwillow
There are many lodging options in a 30 mile radius of the track, though none that are likely to impress your significant other. For convenient access to the track, you can't beat the the four motels in Buttonwillow, which, at about 8 miles from the track, are the closest. Your choices are a Willow Inn and Suites, Motel 6, First Value Inn, Good Night Inn, and a Super 8 Motel.**We have a new deal for SV drivers with the Willow Inn and Suites (661-764-5121). Mention SV and you'll get a discount. It's a good place to stay and offers stuff like wireless Internet access and free breakfast buffet.
Food wise, your choices in Buttonwillow aren't too bad, but don't expect Emeril's. There is a snack bar at the track with hamburgers and the basics.
As a much larger town, Bakersfield has a lot more to offer, at the cost of being about 30 miles from the track. Your choices vary from the Rio Bravo Resort, which I know nothing about, to the run-of-the-mill $40 a night motels and everything in between.
Food wise, there's actually a big selection in Bakersfield. Unfortunately, the local paper doesn't seem impressed enough to have *any* reviews of the restaurants in the town, so proceed with caution. It is possible that Uricchio's Trattoria serves edible fare, so just for the sake of having something to offer, I'm mentioning it here (but not making any promises). FYI, there is a hamburger stand at the track, so don't worry about bringing lunch with you.